Thursday, December 19, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Gift Ideas: Day 10 {Sugar Scrub}

Sugar scrub is a super easy, affordable homemade gift! Anyone can make/give this because it's so easy to make and most people already have the ingredients, so you don't even have to run to the store! Not only can you use sugar scrub on your hands and feet, but you can also use them on your lips and armpits. All you need is granulated sugar and an oil of your choice (I prefer vegetable oil). I usually start with 2 cups of sugar & then add the oil until I like the consistency. If you accidentally add too much oil, just add more sugar! Once you like the consistency, you can add any extract and food coloring you'd like. My favorite is to make an armpit-lightening scrub (I use scrubs on my armpits because I use Drysol & I just feel like it's good to exfoliate every now and then), where I use strawberry extract, a couple drops of red food coloring, and real lemon juice. It smells like strawberry lemonade & it ends up being a light pink color. For the holidays, I like to make make vanilla-scented or peppermint-scented sugar scrubs and add holiday sprinkles to the mixture! You can be as creative as you'd like! It only takes a few minutes to make & then you can put it in mason jars & tie a bow around it to make it the perfect gift. If you think the person you give it to is going to use it in the shower (most people do), make sure the lid is not metal (or it will rust). You can usually find a glass jar with a plastic lid at the $1 store or a drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment