Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy.

This post will probably make you think I'm crazy. I promise I am, but only a little. :)
I am getting my haircut next Monday. This haircut it going to be a special one- it's going to be a fresh start (no, I am not shaving my head!). I am choppin' off my dead ends!
Ever since middle school I have straightened my hair. I only pulled my hair in a pony if I had a soccer game or I was going swimming. I did it out of insecurity; I didn't think I would be pretty unless I actually styled my hair. A few months ago I realized that was completely insane. I realized I could pull my hair into a pony tail and still be the same, beautiful me. 
But did I change anything? No. I continued to straighten my hair every.single.day. My sister would give me a hard time about my patches of broken hair. She told me it looked awful and told me how bad my school pictures were going to look because of it. And I totally cried about it. I wanted to fix it, I really did!
One night I decided I was too tired to straighten my hair (I straighten it at night so I won't have to in the morning), so I braided it. Just 2 simple pig tail braids. That one act of pure laziness led me to an entire Summer without putting heat on my hair.
Tonight I straightened my hair for the first time since May. I looked at my hair- like up close, not just in the mirror. I didn't see 6 inches of split ends and broken hair, but I saw healthy hair- for the first time in years! And it made me so happy! 
I just want to challenge you all to do something that will make you happy. Trust me, it's worth it!
That's all :) Goodnight!
Love, 
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment