Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Favorites & Hate-Its: Makeup Wipes

  • Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes (retail at $3.97): These are my typical go-to makeup wipes. There's nothing too special about them. I usually have to pre-wet them because they're pretty dry at first. That's really the only thing I don't like about them. They remove makeup pretty well and they're cheap. Favorite or hate-it? They're not my favorite, but I don't dislike them in any way--so favorite. 4/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: Yes
    • Gentle: Yes
    • Moist: No
    • Smells Good: Yes
    • Moisturizing: Yes
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths (retail at $15): I got these after reading so many great reviews, but I honestly didn't see what everyone was talking about. Yes, they cleaned my face well & got all of my makeup off, but I wasn't a fan of them. I really hated how they smell and they made my face really red and burned my eyes (& I didn't get them in my eyes, it was just the smell of them that made my eyes burn). Favorite or hate-it? I'm neutral on this one. If it weren't for the smell, it would be a favorite. 3/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: Yes
    • Gentle: No
    • Moist: Yes
    • Smells Good: No
    • Moisturizing: Yes
  • Equate Wet Cleansing Towelettes (retail at $4.67): I love these. I love that they're exfoliating- it really helps get all the makeup off, especially mascara and foundation. They're really gentle, too. Only problem is they can be dry, so you might have to pre-wet them. Favorite or hate-it? Favorite. 4/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: Yes
    • Gentle: Yes
    • Moist: No
    • Smells Good: Yes
    • Moisturizing: Yes
  • Simple Kind to Skin Facial Wipes (retail at $5.99): I'm sure you've all seen YouTube beauty gurus talk about these before. I got them expecting them to be amazing, but they really weren't. They did a horrible job at removing my makeup and I had to pre-wet them. Favorite or hate-it? Hate-it. 2/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: No
    • Gentle: Yes
    • Moist: No
    • Smells Good: Yes
    • Moisturizing: No
  • Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (retail at $4.97): These are almost the same as the first wipes I talked about in this post. They just smell different and don't need to be pre-wet. Favorite or hate-it? Favorite. 5/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: Yes
    • Gentle: Yes
    • Moist: Yes
    • Smells Good: Yes
    • Moisturizing: Yes
  • Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes (retail at $5.97): I absolutely hated these wipes. I had to pre-wet them and they didn't take my makeup off. I wear a good amount of makeup (foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, etc.), but I don't wear waterproof mascara, so usually my makeup comes off pretty easily. I kept checking the wipe and nothing was coming off! It drove me insane. Favorite or hate-it? Hate-it. 2/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: No
    • Gentle: Yes
    • Moist: No
    • Smells Good: Yes
    • Moisturizing: No
  • Equate Beauty Night-Time Soothing Makeup Remover Towelettes (retail at ?): These are my new favorite makeup wipes! The wipes are pretty big, so sometimes I can get away with just using 1/2 of the wipe. They smell great & the smell is definitely "soothing". They remove my makeup super easily. I barely have to rub my eyes to get my eye makeup to come off! & I don't have to pre-wet them, which is a huge bonus! Favorite or hate-it? Favorite! 5/5
    • Cleansing/Removes Makeup: Yes
    • Gentle: Yes
    • Moist: Yes
    • Smells Good: Yes
    • Moisturizing: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment