Monday, March 17, 2014

Affordable Pencil Eyeliners

I'm going to do a mini review on all the pencil eyeliners I have tried (don't worry, I'm somewhat new to the eyeliner world, so there aren't a ton)! I decided to do this post for girls who are still trying to find a great pencil eyeliner :)
  1. Ulta Collection Gel Eyeliner Pencil: These were the first eyeliners I ever tried and I have them in the colors Peacock, Majesty, Black/Brown, and Black Out. At first I really loved them, but now that I have experimented with other pencil eyeliners and gel eyeliner, I think they're pretty dry compared to the eyeliner I mention for #5. Don't get me wrong, I still love them, but they are definitely not the best out there. I don't think I would ever repurchase the Black/Brown and Black Out ones, but I would definitely repurchase Peacock and Majesty (yes, I do love colored eyeliner). Peacock is such a fun color to wear in the summer and Majesty is a fun purple. They also come in many other beautiful colors! $8.00 each at Ulta
  2. Bonne Bell Eye Define in Espresso: I really like this eyeliner and it was very affordable- it retails around $2.50. The color is easily the best brown color I have ever tried- it's a beautiful dark brown with hint of plum (don't get me wrong, this is not a purple eyeliner, it's definitely brown). It's very creamy and easy to apply, great for a beginner!
  3. Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner in Ebony Black: I honestly didn't like this eyeliner. The color is great and it's easy to apply, but it kind of ends up looking waxy, like a crayon. I also didn't like the smudger; it's more like an eraser. $4.97 at WalMart
  4. Ulta Collection Automatic Eyeliner in Raisin: This eyeliner was great at first, but it started drying out after about a month. The color is gorgeous- it's a very wearable plum color that is very subtle. It's a little harder to apply and hard to get a thin line. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the "automatic tip", especially for beginners. $8.00 at Ulta
  5. Ulta Collection Design A Line 12 piece eyeliner collection: My grandma gave me this for my birthday and at first I thought I was never going to use it- there was 1 black and 1 brown and the rest were crazy colors (like gold and orange). I'm really sad that Ulta no longer sells this because they are my favorite eyeliners now! They're extremely creamy and go on very easily and look absolutely flawless. They are so creamy that sometimes I blend them out and use them as eyeshadow. By far the best pencil eyeliners I've tried. Plus, who else has awesome, festive eyeliners for almost every holiday? Yes, I am wearing green eyeliner on today. 
Rank (1=Best, 5=Worst)
1. Ulta Collection Design A Line
2. Bonne Bell Eye Define
3. Ulta Collection Gel Eyeliner Pencil
4. Ulta Collection Automatic Eyeliner
5. Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner

No comments:

Post a Comment