Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

CoverGirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation is meant to be a primer, concealer, and foundation in just 1 simple step.
I wanted to purchase this foundation after hearing about it from Ingrid (missglamorazzi), who always mentions it in her videos....then I saw that it was nearly $10. My holy grail drugstore foundation (also by CoverGirl) is only about $5, so $10 didn't make this foundation very appealing. One day went to WalMart and they were out of my color (Creamy Natural) and any color close to it. I ended up purchasing Classic Ivory and planned to mix it with the foundation I use when I get a tan (CoverGirl Clean in Medium Light). 

CONs: Since I do mix it with a light coverage foundation, I do not get the full coverage results I would get if I used it alone. I have used it alone and it did give me great coverage, but I still needed to use concealer on some pimples. It can look patchy very easily and it doesn't look very natural like it claims to. I have also found that it's more difficult to set than other foundations I have tried. More than anything, the thing that disappointed me the most about this foundation is that it didn't last all day. I wear it from 5am-10pm (yes, I realize it's probably not meant to last that long) and there's very little left on my face by the end of the day when compared to the CoverGirl Clean foundation.

PROs: It mixes well with my other foundation and it does a great job at covering any redness I have and it doesn't break me out. I really like the packaging and the pump works well. I also like that it has SPF in it. For the most part, I do like how it looks and you can pretty much make it any finish you want, depending on what you use to apply it and what you use to set it. I personally like to apply it with a sponge and I did not like how it looked when I applied it with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush because it looked very cakey (btw- there will be a post about my Stipping Brush in the near future). 

Bottom Line: I would probably repurchase this in the right color, but I don't think it will ever be my go-to, holy grail foundation. I do think a lot of you will like it and I do recommend it, especially because so many people love it and it has great reviews.

...and that concludes this insanely long review!

No comments:

Post a Comment