Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DIY Matte Nail Polish: Does it Really Work?

I recently heard that you can change the finish of a nail polish from any finish to a matte finish by holding your fingernails in steam while the polish is drying, so I decided to experiment and see if it actually works. Yes, it does take away a good amount of shine from the polish, but it does not make them completely matte. If you look a few posts back at my Valentine's Day nail post, I actually tried this on them- as you can see, they are still fairly shiny. I'm sure there are certain polishes that steam works better on than others, but so far I haven't had much luck. I would recommend buying a matte polish or top coat if you want your nail polish to have a matte finish, as the results are much better than the results I got from the steam. 

A few reviews as well as my Favorite YouTubers of February should be up soon :) I've been trying a lot of new products lately & I will share my thoughts on them with you as soon as I have time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment