Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week of Reviews Day 1: Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Today I'm reviewing Pond's Dry Skin Cream, which I purchased because Clean & Clear no longer makes their Morning Glow moisturizer (which I am still super upset about) and this was the most affordable alternative. I found Pond's at Walgreen's on sale and ended up getting two 3.9oz creams for about $3!
My biggest concern was that this moisturizer was going to break me out because it didn't say "oil free" on it, but I trusted the packaging, which said it won't clog pores.
My first impression of the cream, which I use as my primary moisturizer in my morning and my under eye cream at night, was that it was very oily. It has occlusives and humectants in it, so I started to freak out when I saw how oily it was. Luckily, it was only oily-feeling for a couple minutes & then it just made my skin feel super soft. Also, it did not break me out and still hasn't after 3 week of using it religiously...and I have sensitive skin!
The only thing I do not like about this product is the packaging. I wish it had a pump! Other than that, this is a pretty great, affordable moisturizer/cream, especially if it's on sale!
I have both oily and dry skin and I absolutely love this stuff for my dry skin, but it doesn't make my oily patches any oilier than they already are. If you have dry skin or combination skin, I highly recommend trying Pond's Dry Skin Cream!


P.S. If you have any recommendations on great facial moisturizers with SPF in them that are under $10, please let me know! I'm going to Belize this summer and I need to find a good one since Clean & Clear doesn't make theirs anymore. I have tried Jergen's Natural Glow (or whatever it's called) and I liked that one, but I went through it so quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment