Sunday, October 13, 2013

Battle of the Mascaras: Benefit's They're Real! vs Maybelline's Define-a-Lash

These pictures are not mine, all rights go to their owners.
Maybelline's Define-a-Lash: This mascara really lengthened my lashes, but I was not a fan of it. It did not separate my lashes at all and it irritated my eyes. It also didn't hold my curl, so I had my eyelashes in my eyes. It made my lashes very stiff and was super hard to take off (& it was the "washable" version!). Wearing this mascara for an entire week (I usually try mascaras a few times before deciding if I like it or not) was horrible. I really didn't like this mascara, which is strange because Maybelline usually has amazing mascaras!
$6.97 at Walmart
Benefit's They're Real!: At first I didn't think I was going to like this mascara. Its brush was strange, but I was still excited to try it. I LOVED this mascara. I'm so glad they give you a sample one for your birthday at Sephora; that way I have a smaller one to take with me when I travel! It lengthened, volumized, and separated my lashes, it made my lashes look natural, yet false (does that make sense?), and it held my curl. It didn't smudge and stayed on all day & wasn't difficult to remove. I highly recommend this mascara!
$23.00 at Sephora


WINNER: BENEFIT'S THEY'RE REAL! ....by a landslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment