Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Lysine Experience

In addition to taking Biotin, I have also started taking Lysine. Lysine is a dietary supplement that supports skin and tissue health. I have taken Lysine every now and then for the past 5 or so years, but I have never taken it religiously [and probably never will]. I used to take it whenever I had a cold sore or canker sore, but I recently started taking it because of other skin problems, specifically acne on my back and and constant breakouts on my face. I have never really had skin problems and I rarely get pimples, so when I started breaking out so often I decided to start taking Lysine.
I have noticed the Lysine helps, but not a ton. I have noticed I don't get pimples too often anymore, and if I do they're not very big and they go away quickly. I also noticed that my skin isn't as oily (face) or dry (legs & arms) as it normally is, so that's nice. As far as my back goes, I haven't seen a difference at all. What I think has helped the most with my back is that I use antibacterial body wash to wash it daily.
I have been taking Lysine daily for the past 3 or 4 weeks now, and I will keep you updated if I notice any other differences!
P.S.- If you're interested in taking Lysine, know that the pills are ginormous! I can usually swallow them pretty easily, but other family members and friends who have also tried Lysine have mentioned that they have a hard time swallowing the pills. They aren't the biggest pills I've taken, but they're definitely huge. If you're not great at swallowing pills, maybe try taking birth control to help with your skin before trying Lysine- they're much easier to swallow!

No comments:

Post a Comment