Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask

A little over a month ago I received a sample of the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask in one of my Sephora orders. I had read reviews on it & I wasn't expecting good results since it didn't have good reviews. The sample lasted for 5 uses. I washed my face before each use, used it once a week, and left it on for 30 minutes, like the instructions say to. 
I honestly wasn't impressed by this product. I didn't hate it, but I would never spend $55 on it! I probably wouldn't even buy it if it was $5 at the drugstore.
$55.00 at Sephora

I'm going to go through what it's supposed to do (according to sephora.com) & tell you if it did it or not.:
Enhance Skin's Radiance: I did not notice any "enhanced radiance". I was sure I would, since you can find inexpensive products at the drugstore that brighten your skin. This really disappointed me. 
Eliminate Dull and Blemished Skin Cells: I did notice that it helped make some of my scarring a little less noticeable...if that counts.
Reduce the Appearance of Pores: I was really hoping this would be true, but I did not notice a change in the appearance of my pores.
Reduce Inflammation: I actually saw a huge difference with this particular one. It pretty much eliminated the redness around my pimples and made it much easier for me to conceal them.
Promote Hydration: I did notice it was fairly hydrating, but nothing I've never seen before in a Freeman face mask. I did, however, have to use moisturizer after I used this mask.
Leave Skin Soft, Refreshed, and Glowing: My skin was soft after I used this, but as I said before, I still had to use moisturizer. As far as "refreshed" goes, I didn't notice anything particularly "refreshing" about this mask. Lastly, I don't think it made my skin radiant by any means- nothing more than the typical clean-face "glow". 

The Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask is nothing special. It's not worth the $55 it costs and it didn't do a ton for my skin. I don't recommend it, especially because the other reviews I've read are exactly like mine, so I know I'm not the only one who didn't like it. However, if you're still interested in trying it, you can get a free sample of it with your next Sephora order (online). I highly recommend getting the sample before buying the full size since it is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment